The FileField Paths module extends the default functionality of Drupals core Upload module, the FileField module and many other File Upload modules by adding the ability to use node tokens in destination paths and filenames.
In simple terms, FileField Paths allows you to automatically sort and rename your uploaded files using token based replacement patterns to maintain a nice clean filesystem.
#D7CX: I pledge that FileField Paths will have a full Drupal 7 release on the day that Drupal 7 is released.
- Configurable file paths now use node tokens instead of user tokens.
- Configurable filenames.
- Support for:
- File path and filename cleanup options:
- Filter out words and punctuation by taking advantage of the Pathauto module.
- Convert unicode characters into US-ASCII with the Transliteration module.
- Automatically updates unprocessed file paths in the node body, teaser and CCK text fields on save.
- Retroactive updates - rename and/or move previously uploaded files (Use with caution)
- [D6] Active updating - actively rename and/or move previously uploaded files (Use with caution)
Once installed, FileField Paths needs to be configured for each file type you wish to use.
- FileField/ImageField module
Settings can be found on the fields configuration page in Page settings > FileField Path settings.
- Upload module
Settings can be found on the content types configuration page in Workflow settings > Upload Path settings.
- Image module
Settings can be found on the Images configuration page in Image file settings > Image Path settings.
- Comment Upload module
Settings can be found on the content types configuration page in Comment settings > Comment Upload Path settings.
- [D6] Audio module
Settings can be found on the content types configuration page in Audio Path settings.
Aren't tokens already supported in the FileField module?
Only User tokens are supported in the FileField module.
Node tokens allow you to use the Node ID, Node Title, Node creation date and much more in your directory/filenames where User tokens are very limited.
Why are my files uploaded to 'files/[nid]' instead of 'files/1'?
When you are creating or updating a node the full values for the Node tokens may not yet be known by Drupal, so the FileField Paths module will upload your files to a temporary path based on your filepath pattern ('files/[nid]') and then once you save the node and Drupal is provided with the Node tokens values the file will be moved to the appropriate location.
Why is there a warning on the 'Retroactive updates' feature?
Retroactive updates will go through every single node of the particular content type and move and/or rename the files.
While there have been no reports of errors caused by the feature, it is quite possible that the moving/renaming of these files could break links. It is strongly advised that you only use this functionality on your developmental servers so that you can make sure not to introduce any linking issues.
What does FileField Paths offer that other similar modules do not?
For an unbiased answer, please refer to the 'File Uploading and Managing' comparison chart at: http://groups.drupal.org/node/20291
|7.x||1.0-alpha1||filefield_paths-7.x-1.0-alpha1.tar.gz||12-Jun-2011 - 18:24:55|
|6.x||1.5||filefield_paths-6.x-1.5.tar.gz||22-May-2013 - 03:12:15|
|5.x||1.3||filefield_paths-5.x-1.3.tar.gz||03-Jul-2009 - 17:14:09|
|7.x||1.x-dev||filefield_paths-7.x-1.x-dev.tar.gz||11-Feb-2009 - 07:47:31|
|6.x||2.x-dev||filefield_paths-6.x-2.x-dev.tar.gz||11-Oct-2010 - 14:11:55|
|5.x||1.x-dev||filefield_paths-5.x-1.x-dev.tar.gz||22-Aug-2008 - 18:27:04|
- #614992 by DarrelDuane, Deciphered: Added support for larger Filepath.
- #614190: Added logic check to prevent processing of "Add another item" string.
- #606500 by nico059, Deciphered: Added support to replace unprocessed URLs in CCK text fields.
- #565526: Added ability to replace file description with processed filename.
- #564680 by sp3boy: Improved support for Image module.
- #536384: Fixed transliteration support.
- #525354: Fixed implementations of hook_filefield_paths_get_fields().
- #522678 by chrisirhc: Fixed issue with Filepath variable and ImageField Crop.
- #515044: Fixed [filefield-onlyname] and [filefield-onlyname-original] tokens for PHP > 5.2.
- #373094: Added Active Updating functionality.
- Improved replace of unprocessed URLs for FileField Insert.
- Improved support for private file systems.
- Added support for the Audio module.
- Added cleanup of removed field instance settings.
- Fixed issue with revisions support.