The Drag'n'Drop Uploads module adds the ability to drag an image from your local filesystem, drop it onto a node body textarea and have the file automatically uploaded and referenced in your node.
#D7CX: I pledge that Drag'n'Drop Uploads will have a full Drupal 7 release on the day that Drupal 7 is released.
- Upload widgets support:
- Support for CCK / Field Formatters.
- Support for the WYSIWYG module.
- Multiple dropzones:
- Customizable textarea(s)/WYSIWYG(s) dropzone.
- Upload widget(s) dropzone.
- Ability to hide textarea/WYSIWYG dropzone upload widget.
- Upload progress bar.
- Native Web Browser support:
- Apple Safari 4+.
- Google Chrome 2+.
- Mozilla Firefox 3.6+.
- Support for Google Gears:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0+.
- Mozilla Firefox 1.5+.
- Add configurable multi-dropzone widget - 0% complete
- Add support for multiple uploads - 0% complete
Once installed, Drag'n'Drop Uploads needs to be configured for each Content Type you wish to use, this can be done on the Content Type configuration page under "Drag'n'Drop Uploads settings":
- [D6] http://[www.yoursite.com/path/to/drupal]/admin/content/node-type/[node-type]
- [D7] http://[www.yoursite.com/path/to/drupal]/admin/structure/types/manage/[node-type]
Note: An Upload widget must be enabled on the Content Type before the configuration can be done.
To enable the optional Google Gears support, you need to download and save the following file to the modules directory (/sites/all/modules/dragndrop_uploads/gears_init.js)
- #668620: Fixed issue with non-filefield CCK widget types.
- #650962: Improved support for Safari/Chrome with certain themes.
- Added initial code for Yahoo! BrowserPlus support.
- Changed Firefox 3.6 upload function to support the FileReader object.
- Fixed issue with failed uploads when more than one FORM is present on page.
- Fixed issue where changing the Input format disables WYSIWYG support.
- Improved Safari/Chrome WYSIWYG support.